Friday, August 29, 2008

¡Viva Mexico!

Dan and I recently got back from the Yucatan and we wanted to share some pictures with you. The weather was great, and the water was unlike anything else I've seen, like the turquoise color in a peacock's feather. When Dan and I go on vacation, we make sure that we do as much as possible so that when we come back we take a fews days to recover. Take a look....




We visited the Mayan ruins in Tulum. It was so hot that day and there was hardly any shade. In order for Dan to explore the ruins, he had to leave me under the palm trees! It was awe-inspiring to see the ancient ruins and to see how innovative and precise the Mayan people were with everything they built.




Another picture from the ruins....the view was breathtaking

















Xel-ha is a like a big waterpark for snorkeling, kayaking, and lots of other outdoor activities. This is a picture of the cenote where we snorkelled.

















As we were walking out of the park, we stopped to watch the dolphins....good timing!





My first time to scuba, and I can't wait to do it again. This is a 24 foot statue of Jesus that was donated to the Chankanaab National Park by Jacques Costeau in.....uh, I don't know. As Dan likes to say, "or I could be making this all up."




The wedding party on the beach after the nuptials. Everyone looked so tropical! Monica was gorgeous; her dress was stunning.



Ruthie! It was like seeing my long lost sister....miss you mucho, and it was great to see you. I think about you often.




The bride and groom seeing us off after a great party. Thanks Monica and Omar for inviting us!







The sunsets in Tulum (that's the city where we stayed) were fabulous! We are already planning our trip back.

2 comments:

Patrick, Kristi, and Madison said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! I love the snorkeling picture! Miss you guys!

Sarah C. said...

Great post! I love your makeup for the wedding. You look beautiful! Miss you!