Friday, August 8, 2008

That's Life

C’est la vie: French for “That is life”. Wiktionary's definition has a negative connotation, but I am not using this phrase in an undesirable way at all. In fact, I chose "c'est la vie" simply because I like the way it sounds. So here goes! My first blog entry..........




I recently moved back home to South Louisiana in May 2008 after working as a pediatric Physical Therapist at Ben Taub General Hospital in Houston, Texas. While working at the Taub, I made some great friends, reconnected with a couple old friends, and made lots of great memories. Three months later, My husband and I have managed to move twice, purchase a big-ass lot and a ~4000 sq ft house (two streets away from our lot), become the parents of a ‘very Important’ chocolate lab puppy named Woody, witness the wedding of my mom and her high school sweetheart, attend the graduation of my brother from orthopedic residency and see him and his wife and child off to Boston for a year, say good-bye to one of my best buddies who moved to Miami for a year, start two jobs (or should I say attempted to start), and the most important event of them all…finally live with my husband Dan. I can't be happier! And now as I sit Indian-style on the carpet of our partly finished attic bonus room with the keyboard in my lap and my dog lying by my side I must say my life is magnifique! So here are a few pictures for you to enjoy.






The happy couple!









Another happy couple!







Woody was a loner when we first met him. He's the one in the corner.








The proud father






Woody, a few days ago...he's almost trippled in size!








Would you look at the size of those paws!



We are still moving into the new house, but as soon as we get the new house looking decent I'll take some pictures to share with you! Until next time.....Au revoir!

3 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Love! Love! Love the blog! Great first post. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!

Patrick, Kristi, and Madison said...

Yea Care! I can't wait to see more pictures! We miss ya'll!

Blair said...

Love the blog! Can't wait to read more.
When Wade found Maggie (our yellow lab), she was the one in the corner too! And well, you just need to check out my blog to see how well she turned out. By far the BEST lab out there.
Glad to see you are doing well!
Take care,
Blair M (formerly A.)